Senior Commercial Manager – Doha, Qatar
General Contracting Firm
Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Continued project growth of our client’s firm, a general contracting Qatari conglomerate, is now seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to lead their commercial operations for their major building projects in Qatar.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure commercial success is achieved through the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for the business.
• Provide leadership in the commercial, cost management and contract administration of projects.
• Manage financial and risk issues pertaining to large scale building projects.
• Perform monthly project reviews to ensure projects apply appropriate cost budgeting, resource planning, milestone scheduling, cost analysis, monitoring of cash flow and development of a refined costing report.
• Provide leadership and overview of contractual variation assessments of claims and arbitrating any disputes. Compilation and presentation of claims management strategies for the firm.
• Display high level client liaison and negotiation.
• Prepare monthly corporate and project reporting to the Board and senior management team.
• Formulate and implement interventions to deliver sustained performance in terms of securing tenders and new business opportunities for the firm.
• Review reports on the status of contracts indicating current status with regards to financial situation and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements.
• Monitor the implementation of commercial policies and procedures within the organisation ensuring legal compliance.
• Development and management of a contract administration team to administer the delivery of projects.
• Review of contractual documents to ensure compliance with program requirements and regulations.
• Degree qualification in construction management, engineering or quantity surveying and MRICS/MCIOB qualified preferred.
• Minimum of 20+ year’s commercial construction experience with at least 5+ years in a senior commercial leadership role.
• Strong contracting background required, with experience in large scale building projects such as stadium, airports, seaports or similar.
• Strong leadership abilities with high levels of energy and drive to progress projects.
• Superior communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive work environment is critical to this role.
• Computer literacy essential.
• Experience working in Qatar and/or greater GCC is preferred.
An excellent salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organization.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.