“And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allāh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.”
– The Righteous servants of Al-Rahman walk on the Earth with HUMILITY.
– Therefore Humility is one of the traits of Allah’s righteous servant.
On authority of Abu Hurairah, RadhiAllahu Anhu, who said that the Messenger of Allah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that Allah Glorified and Exalted be He said:
“Pride is My Cloak and Greatness My Robe, and he who competes with me in respect of either of them I shall cast him into Hell-Fire”
[Sunnan Abu Dawud (English trans.) vol. 3, pg.1141 No.4079]
– ALLAH does not allow anyone to share in HIS RULE and AUTHORITY
“and He makes none to share in His Decision and His Rule.”
– The POWER, the AUTHORITY and HONOUR belongs to ALLAH
– When Luqmaan the Wise was grooming his son to become a Da’ee, he advised his son to be HUMBLE and to abstain from PRIDE.
“And turn not your face away from men with pride, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allāh likes not each arrogant boaster.”
– Pride is the first disgrace because ALLAH always humiliates the PROUD.
– Allah also said the righteous servants of Ar-Rahman do not indulge in arguments with the Ignorant folk.
– Instead the righteous servants say Peace, and leave them.
Narrated by ‘Aishah, RadhiAllahu Anha, that the Prophet, SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, said:
“The most despicable person to Allah is one who is harshly argumentative.”
[al-Bukhari (2457) and Muslim (2668)]
– In the above mentioned hadith the Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that the most despicable person in the sight of ALLAH is the one who is harshly argumentative.
– A person who is harshly argumentative is said to be cantankerous.
Whereas in another hadith the Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that ALLAH has created a mansion in Paradise for the servant who gives up arguing even though he was right.
Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (RadhiAllahu Anhu) reported: Messenger of Allah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said,
“I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
[Sunan Abu Dawud (4/253) No. 4800]
– Imam Shafi’ii debated with many Scholars and he defeated them, but Imam Shafi’ii lost the debate with an ignoramus.
– This is because the ignoramus does not allow you to speak.
– Instead he screams and screams and usurps the time
– Debating with the ignoramus is beneath the status of the righteous servant because he wastes your time.
“And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height.”
– ALLAH spoke about pride, arrogance, conceitedness and height in the above Ayah
– Your height gives you the opportunity to lead people in the community.
– A midget cannot become the president of a country
– Your height can make you proud and arrogant.
– Many brothers get their marriage proposals turned down because they are short
– Your height can make you look down on others and make you call other people names.
– Therefore we need to humble ourselves because there are other Creations of Allah that are much taller than you.
– The solution is to work towards gaining TAQWA.