Hyderabad: Mother, son suffocated to death at home

Hyderabad: A mother and her son died from suffocation due to the smoke from a charcoal fire they had lit at home to keep themselves warm on Wednesday, police said.

The incident occurred at a house in posh Jubliee Hills, where the woman was working as housemaid.

The bodies of Bucchi Veni (37) and her son Padma Raju (20) were recovered from the servant room. Police suspect they died from suffocation during sleep.

They had lit the charcoal fire and closed the door and windows to protect themselves from the chilly weather. The smoke had filled the room, leading to their deaths.

Veni and her son hailed from East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.

Hyderabad and other parts of Telangana have been experiencing freezing weather for the last two days with maximum temperature falling 8 to 10 degree Celsius below normal.

Show comments