Kabul: 3 NATO soldiers killed in suicide bombing

Kabul: 3 NATO soldiers killed in suicide bombing
Click for full image

Kabul: Three members of Resolute Support service were killed in a suicide bombing during Parwan Patrol in Kabul on Sunday.

According to Tolo News, Resolute Support, in a statement, said that a US soldier and two Afghan National Army troops also suffered injuries in the attack. The nationalities of the soldiers, killed in the bombing are not confirmed yet.

Taliban outfit has taken responsibility for the incident and claimed that a Taliban fighter launched a suicide car bombing, causing casualties on NATO coalition forces, reported Xinhua.

Meanwhile, Resolute Support and US Forces-Afghanistan commander US Army General John Nicholson offered condolences to the grieving family and said, “My thoughts and prayers, along with those of all of the 41-contributing Resolute Support nations, are with the families and friends of our fallen and wounded service members, and our injured Afghan brothers and their families,” reported Tolo News.

The attack comes a week after two gunmen stormed into the building of department of migrants and refugees in Jalalabad’s PD3 area in Afghanistan, killing at least 15 people.

Earlier on July 1, a suicide bombing killed at least 19 people, mostly Sikhs in Afghanistan’s Jalalabad.

(ANI)