NANDED: The postal ballots are being counted for the 81-seat Nanded Waghala Municipal Corporation.
|Nanded Civic Poll Results for the 81-seat||2012||2017|
|Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)||02||06|
|Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)||10||00||00|
As per the final tally of the total 81 seats, the Congress won 73, followed by the BJP which bagged six seats. The Shiv Sena just about managed to open its account with one seat. An independent candidate also won a seat.
— Congress (@INCIndia) October 12, 2017
- Congress leading in 63 seats, while the BJP is ahead in 5 seats, NCP and AIMIM 0.
- Congress touches 60 mark.
- Owaisi’s AIMIM and NCP are yet to open their account.
- The Congress is leading in 57 seats, whereas BJP increased its lead on 3 seats.
- Congress workers in Nanded have started celebrating as party crossed the half way mark.
- Congress leading on 44 seats, BJP on 2, Shiv Sena on 1, AIMIM 0
- Congress has won 23, BJP 1
- AIMIM President’s Mother Zakiya Begum Loses Ward 14 to Congress’s Shabana Begum.
- Victorious Congress candidates in Ward 5: Pimpde Mahendra, Pavde Jaishree, Neralkar, Khan Farooq Ali
- Congress now ahead on 31 seats, BJP has won 1, Shiv Sena 0, AIMIM 0.
- Winning Congress candidates in 11 wards: Syed Sher Ali, Aasiya Begum Abdul Habib, Raziya Begum, Masood Ahmad Khan.
- Congress wins all 8 seats. BJP and AIMIM at 0.
- Congress is leading in 21 of the 81 seats. The BJP and the Shiv Sena are leading in 2 seats each.
- Congress now leading on 20 seats, while BJP on 2. Shiv Sena and Asaduddin Owaisi led AMIM leading on 01 seats each respectively.
- The Congress is ahead on 18 seats, the BJP on 4.
- The trends have changed completely. The Congress is now leading on 17 seats, BJP on 1, Shiv Sena on 1.
- The Shiv Sena is also leading on 1 seat now. BJP on 7 and Congress on 12.
- The Congress is leading on 12 while BJP is leading on 6 seats.
- In the latest trends, Congress has taken first leads and is ahead in 3 seats.
A total of 578 candidates are in the poll fray. The Congress and BJP are contesting on 81 seats. Shiv Sena is contesting on 76 seats (73+3), NCP is contesting on 57 seats.
For the first time, the Asaduddin Owaisi-led AIMIM party is contesting in alliance with Mayawati’s Bahujan Samaj Party BSP. The AIMIM has dominance in several Muslim-dominated wards and has fielded 33 candidates while the BSP gave tickets to 22 candidates.
Samajwadi Party is contesting on 24 seats. Independents and others are contesting the polls on 155 seats.
First time in the state in these elections, Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) machines have been used.