News World

Negligence caused death of coworker in crematory

Negligence caused death of coworker in crematory

Michigan: An employee of the Macomb County morgue accidentally cremated one of his coworkers after he mistook him for a dead victim corpse while he was sleeping.

Macomb County medical examiner said the 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson was too stressed after working for sixteen hours straight and decided to take a nap on a stretcher. Another coworker accidentally carried him to the crematory assuming him as the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim.

Unfortunately, Paul was reduced to ashes before anyone could realize the blunder since the temperatures inside the crematory ranged between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.

Jenna Davis, Henri Johnson’s coworkers, says recalling the incident that they heard the screams for just 15 seconds and even before they could realize their mistake he was dead and reduced to ashes.

“At first, we didn’t understand where the sound was coming from. When we realised what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead,” she said.

She said the coworker who had committed the accident was a new employee and had forgotten to check the toe tags before taking the body for cremation.

The Police is investigating the matter to know the circumstances of the negligence, abc reported.