Crime and Accident

Negligence of Ganesh pandal organisers claims life of 11-yr-old boy

Negligence of Ganesh pandal organisers claims life of 11-yr-old boy

Hyderabad: A 11-year-old, boy, class 5 student was electrocuted on Monday evening at Kurwaguda village near Shah Abad, thanks to the alleged negligence of Ganesh pandal organisers. The victim identified as D Mahesh, S/O Venkatesh, a farmer, went to play in a vacant pandal. Shah Abad sub-inspector (SI) M Ravi Kumar told that while playing, Mahesh held the hanging wire and got electrocuted. He died on the spot.

As reported by TOI, the villagers immersed the idol on Sunday. At the time of shifting the idol from the pandal, the organisers cut the electric wire and left it hanging. Villagers also had set up a Ganesh pandal without obtaining permission from officials and even illegally took power supply.