New Delhi: A new virus has been detected in Android phone which may pose a risk to banking apps.
According to the report published in TOI (Gadgets Now), Quick Heal Security Labs found an Android Banking Trojan that targets more than 232 banking and financial apps.
The virus is named as Android.banker.A9480. It steals login details, hijacks SMSes and performs other malicious activities.
It is also reported that this virus steals confidential details by imposing an overlay screen on top of actual apps.
Through fake Flash Player app, this malware is being spread.
Here is the list of Indian banking apps which may be at risk as reported by TOI (Gadgets Now)
- mobile (Axis Mobile)
- hdfc (HDFC Bank MobileBanking)
- SBIFreedomPlus (SBI Anywhere Personal)
- hdfcquickbank (HDFC Bank MobileBanking LITE)
- icici.bank.imobile (iMobile by ICICI Bank)
- IDBI (IDBI Bank GO Mobile)
- abhay_card (Abhay by IDBI Bank Ltd)
- idbi (IDBI Bank GO Mobile)
- mpassbook (IDBI Bank mPassbook)
- bankofbaroda.mpassbook (Baroda mPassbook)
- ecommerce.mobile.android (Union Bank Mobile Banking)
- ecommerce.mobile.commercial.legacy (Union Bank Commercial Clients)