Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) Guwahati invites applications from eligible candidates having Scout / Guide Qualifications for Recruitment of Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ against Scouts and Guides Quota for the Year 2017-18. Eligible Scouts & Guides qualified candidates apply in the prescribed application format on or before 12th January 2018.
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. 02/2017
No of Vacancies
Scouts and Guides 2017- 2018 (Group C and Group D Posts)
12 (Group C GP ₹ 1900 – 02 Posts. Group D GP ₹ 1800 – 10 Posts)
Age Limit (as on 01/01/2018)
Grade Pay ₹ 1900 Posts –> UR – 18 to 28 Years, OBC – 18 to 31 Years, SC / ST – 18 to 33 Years
Grade Pay ₹ 1800 Posts -> UR – 18 to 31 Years, OBC – 18 to 34 Years, SC / ST – 18 to 36 Years
Grade Pay ₹ 1900 Posts –> Level 2 of Pay Matrix as per 7th Pay Commission plus Grade Pay ₹ 1900
Grade Pay ₹ 1800 Posts -> Level 1 of Pay Matrix as per 7th Pay Commission plus Grade Pay ₹ 1800
Grade Pay ₹ 1900/- ->
(1) 12th (+2 stage) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate. [50% marks are not to be insisted upon in case of ST/SC/Ex-Servicemen and where candidate possess qualifications higher than HSC, such as Graduation/ Post Graduation]
(2) Typewriting Proficiency of 30 wpm in English or 25 wpm in Hindi is essential for considering to the post of Jr. Clerk cum Typist/ Accounts Clerk cum Typist, based on vacancy.
(3) A pass in Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized Board and having ITI certificate for the posts of Artisans in Technical Categories.
Grade Pay ₹ 1800/- ->
(1) 10th pass from a recognized Board with National Apprenticeship certificate granted by NCVT or 10th pass from a recognized Board with ITI for appointment in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical and S&T departments.
(2) 10th pass or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board for appointment in other departments.
Scouts and Guide Qualification:
(a) A President Scout/ Guide/ Rover/ Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge (HWB) holder in any section.
(b) Should have been an active member of a Scouts organization for the last 5 (five) years. The ‘Certificate of Activeness’ as per Annexure.
(c) Should have attended two events at National Level OR All Indian Railways level AND two events at State level.
Examination Fee: ₹ 500/- only for General and OBC Category Candidates. The IPO should be drawn in favour of FA&CAO/NF Railway, and payable at Maligaon Post Office, Guwahati-781011. The Candidates must write their names & full address in the IPO. For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Ex.Servicemen/ Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economic Backward Classes – ₹ 250/- only with a provision for refunding the same to those who actually appear in the written examination.
Selection Process: Written Test, Scouting Skill Assessment and Marks on certificates.
How to Apply:
(a) For post & in GP ₹ 1900 & GP ₹ 1800 -> Asstt. Personnel Officer (Recruitment), N. F. Railway HQ, Maligaon, Guwahati – 781 011, District Kamrup, Assam. If applied for both post, separate application to be made.
(b) Application for post in GP ₹ 1900 & GP ₹ 1800 (in the prescribed format) with necessary enclosures should be sent by ordinary post only OR be dropped by hand in the APPLICATION BOX kept in the Recruitment Section, CPO’s Office, NF Railway HQ, Maligaon, Guwahati.
(c) Application must reach the proper address by 17.30 hours on or before 12/01/2018. (Last date for candidates residing in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts, Pangi Sub-Division in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep and abroad, is 22/01/2018)
(d) The top of the envelope containing the application should clearly indicate “APPLICATION AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA, E. N. No.____ , GP____ & COMMUNITY:____”.