In the role of Cashier, you will effectively handle all cash and credit transactions on a daily basis.
* Deposit funds with the Accounts department in a timely manner.
* Effectively maintain Accounts, follow up/reconciliation, monitor payments, and receipts.
* Review and reconcile on a daily basis.
* Liaise with external and internal customers.
* Daily cash reconciliation and prepared for spot checks at all times.
* Regular coordination with the ticketing supervisor and finance department regarding submission of sales reports.
* Ensure the amount is collected accurately and tallies the sales report.
* Ensure no credit facility is given to any customer unless written approval is presented from Country Manager under the finance credit policy.
* Ensure cash/credit card refund are paid in accordance with approved refund forms, after obtaining necessary proof of identification and signature from passengers.
* Providing high standards of support, with a customer service orientated attitude and assist the team.
* Cash and Credit Card collection from passengers, regarding ticket sales attentively and effectively without any flaw.
* Reporting to finance department of any discrepancies, i,e, shortage / excess of cash through documentation with immediate effect.
* Prepare reports as required:
* Ticket / revenue stock status
* Preparation and Reconciliation of Daily Sales and Refund Report
* High School Qualification (e.g. O level, Year 10, min compulsory education)
* Certificate in Computer applications – MS Office.
* Experienced – minimum 2 years of job-related Cashier experience required
* Previous experience as a Cashier/Finance Assistant preferably in a multinational/airline.
Job Specific Skills:
* Good mathematical skills.
* Fluent in English language, both written and oral.
* Arabic language will be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Oracle systems.
About the Company:
Welcome to a world of growing opportunities.
Qatar Airways is the national carrier of the State of Qatar. Our global network now sees us flying to over 100 destinations worldwide and operating some of the youngest fleets in the sky. We are home to over 150 nationalities.
Our mission is to deliver Excellence in Everything We Do. For us, that means we focus on the customers who fly with us. We understand that our customers choose to fly with us because we care for them. We know that every time we fly, we carry the hopes and dreams of our customers. Similarly we consider the hopes and dreams of our people. Our success is due to our leadership and the employment of high quality people who will enjoy living and working in Doha, Qatar.
Qatar is a rising economic powerhouse and is fast establishing itself as one of the world’s newest and most vibrant hubs. Qatar prides itself on its technological advances as well as its educational and research facilities. It is rapidly becoming home to more expatriates and international businesses, as well as world-renowned 5-star hotels, spas and resorts. The city boasts the best in shopping, sports activities and has been host to many high profile international events.
As the Airline of the Year 2011 and the only 5-star airline in the Middle East, the opportunities for career diversity, professional development opportunities to further your careers within the organisation are almost limitless. We truly believe that life is a journey, not a destination; therefore we help our people to realise all that they can be.
Join one of the fastest growing airlines with an ever-expanding global network.
If you wish to find out more about the Qatar Airways Group of companies and what we have to offer, then please visit our website.