Record Keeping & Analysis
• Responsible for job costing, cost management, performance evaluation, asset management and budgeting
• Accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
• Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
• Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
• Report on margins by product and division
• Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
• Analyze capital budgeting requests
• Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group,
• Maintain, monitor and control project budgets, through Project Controls system, and issue variance reports on monthly basis
• Follow cost control procedures and code of accounts.
• Issue Monthly Cost Reports
• Perform trend analysis and advise project management team of any deviations from budgets and recommend corrective actions.
• Reconcile all variances between budget, actual costs and revenue to facilitate accurate project profit forecast and timely identification / preparation of contractual claims
• Coordinate with Finance department on posting actual cost
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
• Update standard costs in the bill of materials
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
• Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
• Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
ERP & Data Collection
• Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
• Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
OMR 500 to 600 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Bachelor Accommodation + 2 way Airfare for every two years + Statutory Benefits
Qualified/part qualified ICWA/CA Inter/CMA /MBA/M.Com with practical experience of working with big 4 leading practices from reputable recognized institution
IT Skill Set: ERP, Microsoft word, excel, power point, spreadsheets
Relevant Industry: Mining/Transport/Trading/Construction
About the Company:
Hamdan Trading Group is part of one of the largest corporate conglomerates from the Sultanate of Oman the Hamdan Group. The group commenced its business operations in the year 1975 and has mirrored the growth of the Sultanate of Oman and contributed significantly to the Omani economy.
Today the group has more than fourteen well organized and diversified business units each establishing a benchmark in its own field. Hamdan Trading Group consists of three core divisions of business of the Hamdan Group Viz; Transport, Heavy Construction and Dunlop Agency.
The Transport Division is one of the largest and oldest in the Sultanate having the most diverse fleet. The most challenging and complex logistics requirements have been fulfilled by the division and has been awarded ISO certification.
The construction Division is engaged in large scale Civil and Private construction activities across the Sultanate employing over 300 full time workers.The Dunlop agency of Hamdan Trading Group is the sole distributor of Dunlop Tires across the Sultanate of Oman and it has currently 12 branches strategically located for the convenience of the customer and many more branches are in the pipe-line to be opened soon.