According to the report published in Hindustan Times, Viacom in a press statement disclosed the five modification suggested by CBFC.
Here are the 5 changes suggested by CBFC.
- The disclaimer should not claim historical accuracy.
- Name of the film should be changed to Padmaavat
- Changes in the song Ghoomar to make the depiction befitting the character being portrayed.
- Correction in reference to historical places.
- Disclaimer to make it clear that the film in no manner supports or glorify the practice of Sati.
Bhansali Productions and Viacom18 Motion Pictures have accepted the above changes.
It is also reported that the film is based on a 16th-century poem written by Sufi poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi. The film was surrounded by controversies for the past one year. Director was also attacked.