The University Grants Commission under MHRD scheme invites applications for the Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2018 from the first and second rank holders at an undergraduate level and enrolled in any postgraduate course. The objective of this scholarship is to encourage those students for studying post graduation.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a first or second rank holder at an undergraduate level and enrolled in any full-time master’s program at any recognized university/college.
- Have the undergraduate course in the following streams:
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission in PG course.
- The scholarship will be given for the first PG degree only.
- The applicant pursuing post graduation through distance mode will not be eligible.
How to apply?
In order to apply, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: Click on New User/Register.
Step 3: Read the guidelines properly.
Step 4:Continue to register.
Step 5: Once registered, take note of student application ID and continue to apply.
Step 6: The applicants will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number. Confirm the OTP.
Step 7: Change the password.
Step 8: Login here to complete the application process.
Step 9: Upload necessary documents.
Step 10: Finally submit the application form.