Hyderabad: The Central government on Friday told the Supreme Court that it is proposing the death penalty for those convicted of raping children below the age of 12. The proposal has come in the backdrop of nationwide outrage over the rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl in Kathua in Jammu and Kashmir, and sexual assault of a teenager in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.
It may be mentioned that in Kathua District of Jammu and Kashmir, an eight-year-old girl belonging to a nomadic Muslim tribe was allegedly abducted, drugged, raped, and killed whereas in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh, a teenager was sexually assaulted.
|Hang within 7 days|
|Culprits are shot dead within 4 days|
|Rapists are shot in his head|
Here’s the list of punishment for rape in different countries
- UAE: Culprits are hanged within 7 days
- Iran: Culprits are hanged. Public execution takes place for those who found guilty of gangrape.
- Afghanistan: Culprits are shot dead within 4 days.
- China: Death penalties are awarded to the culprits.
- North Korea: Rapists are killed by shooting in their heads.