For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 gm flour
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 250 ml milk
- 125 gm castor sugar
- 350 gm cored, peeled and sliced pears
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75 gm castor sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3-4 pc 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 500 ml milk
- Grease a cake tin and arrange the sliced apples and pears on the base.
- Prepare a batter with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and pour over the fruits.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
For the Cinnamon Custard:
- Boil milk with cinnamon sticks.
- Beat egg yolks along with sugar for 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs with the milk and return to gentle flame.
- Stir continuously until the custard thickens.
- Strain and serve hot/cold with the cake.