- 2 onions, julienned
- Salt, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch methi, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp ghee
- A pinch of turmeric and chilli powder
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Soak the methi in some salt water to draw out the bitterness and leave for twenty minutes or more.
- In the meantime, heat the ghee in a saucepan and add onions, cooking until they turn a pale brown colour.
- Throw in everything but the eggs and the methi, stirring and cooking on low heat for five minutes.
- Then add the methi (having first squeezed the bitter juice out) evenly in the pan, cooking for a minute or so.
- Make nests in the mixture and break the eggs over them. Season with salt and cover, cooking on low heat until eggs are set.