Recipe: Bihari Fish Curry
- 3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 6 Pieces Rohu Fish
- 3 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 10 Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Seeds
- Take the pieces of rohu fish in a bowl, add 2 tsp of salt and turmeric powder each along with chilli powder and oil.
- Mash them with hands and keep aside for 15 minutes to marinate
- Now, take garlic, green chillies, mustard seeds, black pepper corns, cumin seeds, whole red chillies and fenugreek seeds in a grinder. Along with it, add a tsp each of turmeric powder and salt along with tomatoes.
- Grind all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- Now take a pan and put mustard oil in it.
- Put the marinated fish in to the pan and fry it well.
- Now take the bay leaves and put in the pan along with the grinded paste.
- Saute and add ½ a tsp of salt to mix.
- Now put the fried fish into the paste. Mix well and add some water.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add garam masala and coriander leaves to the gravy. Stir well. Serve hot.
Topics:Bihari Fish Curry Recipe