Recipe: Chicken Popcorn
- 1 egg
- 250 gms chicken (boneless)
- oil for deep frying
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp corn flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To a mixing bowl, add paprika or red chili powder, pepper powder, ginger garlic or garlic powder, masala powder (or any seasoning) and salt.
- Mix well and taste the mixture. Adjust the salt and spice as needed.
- Cut chicken to tiny bite sized pieces. Make sure you cut them to uniform sizes as this helps to fry all of them uniformly.
- Transfer the cut chicken to the seasoning and mix well.
- Now add the flour and coat the chicken with the flour.
- Pour the egg or butter milk and mix everything well. Chicken should be very moist at this stage.
- Next transfer the bread crumbs. Mix well. You can also pick up each piece and roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil on a medium flame.
- When the oil is hot enough, check by dropping a small piece of bread crumb. It has to rise without browning a lot. 350 to 375 F is the right temperature if you are measuring.
- Drop the pieces one after the other. Do not stir or disturb them for about a minute otherwise the bread crumbs may disperse in oil.
- Deep fry evenly till golden. Keep stirring after a minute or two for even frying.
- Drain popcorn chicken on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with ketchup, sauce or any other dip.
Topics:Chicken Popcorn Recipe