Recipe: Chocolate Samosa
- For dough:
- 350 gms desi ghee
- 1 kg refined flour
- 10 gms black cardamom seeds
- For filling:
- 1 kg sugar
- 500 gms chocolate block
- 250 gms cashew nuts, roasted
- 2.5 gms garam masala powder
- 250 gms almonds, roasted
- 100 gms pistachio, roasted
- Mix together – refined flour, desi ghee and crushed black cardamom seeds. Rub the flour well in between the palms to incorporate the ghee well.
- Add water slowly to it and mix the flour to dough kneading lightly. Cover and set aside until the filling is ready.
- For filling, melt the chocolate over the double boiler and add crushed roasted dry fruits in it.
- Divide the dough in small portions of balls of 30 gms each. Now, flatten each ball using roller pin into thin sheet lengthwise.
- Cut from between and fold in the form of cone for filling.
- Fill the cone with chocolate filling and smear water on the edges.
- Bring the edges together and make pleat on one side.
- Bring back the peal and seal it. Make sure the samosa has been sealed well.
- Finish making all the samosa.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add samosas to the oil and deep fry them until golden.
- When they are half fried you can increase the flame to little high and fry until crusty.
- Drain them onto a kitchen towel.