Recipe: Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tsp + 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1.5 cups flour (maida)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, softened (Salted. In case you are using unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 Tbsp sugar + 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl add flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 cup butter and baking powder. Mix it together. Add milk to form a smooth dough. Keep aside.
- In another bowl add 2 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder. Mix it together till its a fine mixtures.
- On a clean slab roll the dough in a rectangle. Spread the mixture evenly on the dough. Cut strips of 1 cm in width and roll it delicately. Would look like this. (See picture)
- On a greased tray place all these cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 deg C. Serve warm.
- If you want to glaze them, you can mix 2 Tbsp icing sugar with 1 Tbsp milk and brush it on the cinnamon rolls.