- 100 gms firmly packed khoya
- 1 tbsp refined flour or soojee
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 green cardamoms (slightly crushed)
- Cube of bread
- Mash the khoya, mix in the flour and baking soda and knead into firm dough.
- Shape the dough into smooth marble-sized balls.
- Heat ghee and lower the heat to fry these balls of dough until they turn light brown.
- Reduce pure maple syrup in a pot, add milk and continue boiling over high flame.
- Cook till syrup thickens a bit and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine nylon sieve or muslin cloth, add cardamom and bring syrup to a boil again.
This post was last modified on August 28, 2018, 10:26 am