- 3 cups besan
- Salt – to taste
- Onions – chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp dry coconut powder
- Chat masala
- 16 green peppers
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp ajwain – crushed
- 8-10 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
For the stuffing:
- Make a paste of tamarind, coriander powder, coconut powder, ajwain, salt and the brown sugar.
For the peppers:
- Make slits to the green peppers length-wise and remove the seeds from them.
- Boil them on a low flame with salt till they become soft.
- Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Now mix the besan with water and make a thick batter and add little salt.
- In a pan add oil for deep frying.
- Take the stuffing paste and fill the slit chillies with a spoon and dip it in the besan batter and put the chilly immediately in the pan and deep fry.
- Repeat the process for the other chillies as well.
- Garnish with chat masala
- And serve hot with chopped onions.