Recipe: Murgh Badam Korma
- Almond paste
- 400 gm boneless chicken pieces
- 4 cloves
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 Tbsp brown onion paste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 drops of kewra essence
- Saffron, roast almonds, juliennes of ginger and coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp mixture of mace and cardamom powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Put almond paste in thin chicken slices and tie the piece together with a thread.
- Then heat oil in pan. Add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, bay leaves and chicken.
- Cook the chicken till it loses color, and then add the yoghurt.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the chicken and remove the thread from it.
- Now keep the chicken aside along with the strained chicken stew.
For the gravy:
- Heat oil in pan. Add ginger garlic paste, onion paste, coriander powder, red chilli paste, salt, strained chicken stew, chicken stock, prepared chicken pieces, mixture of mace and cardamom powder, garam masala and kewra essence.
- Cover the pan and cook for about five minutes.
- Now put the chicken in a container and garnish with saffron, roast almonds, juliennes of ginger and coriander leaves.
- Seal the lid of the container with wheat dough. This will seal the aroma and flavours.
- Then place the sealed container on a low fire, a thick tava or an oven and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Murg Badam Korma is ready to eat. Serve hot with Rice or tandoori roti.
Topics:Murgh Badam Korma Recipe