Recipe: Pineapple Halwa
- 1 peeled pineapple
- 1/4 cup of khoya
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- Semolina (rawa/suji) 1 cup
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped almonds
- A few strands of saffron
- 4 Tbsp of ghee
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add sugar and water, enough to soak the sugar. Cook stirring continuously tills the sugar dissolves.
- Remove stem of the pineapple, cut it into small pieces and add to the pan. Add saffron and cook on low heat.
- Heat ghee in another non-stick pan. Add semolina and sauté on medium heat till light golden.
- Add almonds and cooked pineapple along with the sugar syrup and mix well. Cook till semolina is cooked.
- Add khoya and sauté for 2 minutes.Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with almonds and serve.
Topics:halwa PINEAPPLE Recipe