- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1/4 pound butter, salted
- 3/4 pound margarine, salted
- 4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups real buttermilk
- In metal mixing bowl add flour, baking powder and sugar. Blend with wire whisk.
- Cut margarine and butter into small cubes about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork combine butter and margarine with dry ingredients until mixture is mealy.
- Add buttermilk and mix into a dough. Do not over mix, there should be visible pieces of butter and margarine, that is what makes these biscuits flaky
- Flour a work space and roll dough out to 3/4 inch thick, fold and roll again. Repeat this process two to three times until you have a smooth dough. The dough will be speckled with butter and margarine. Cut into rounds, whichever size you prefer. Regina suggests two inches in diameter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This post was last modified on September 9, 2018, 9:37 pm