Recipe: Rice Vadis
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tsp ajwain
- 1/8 tsp heeng
- 2 tsp curry leaves – chopped
- Mash the rice and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well into a thick dough.
- Place a thin cloth or plastic sheet on a mat in the sun.
- Drop little balls of the dough (of desired size) on the cloth or plastic.
- Leave them to dry in the sun, till completely dry (cover them at night or pull them under a shelter, in a verandah or so during the night).
- Remove and store them in an airtight container. Deep fry and serve hot.