- Red yellow bell peppers
- Garlic cloves
- Red onion
- Black pepper
- Tamoto puree
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and bell pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, paprika and jalapenos; stir, using the back of a spoon to break up the tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes.Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slip the egg into the tomato sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Cook the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened but are not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- If the tomato sauce gets dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, place onto a warm plate, and serve with the tomato sauce and pita bread.