Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup butter-melted
- 1 Tbsp castor or powdered sugar
- 15 (approx. 100g) arrowroot or digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree/ strawberry jam
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups hung curd
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 cups cream-chilled
- 3 Tbsp gelatine
- Crush biscuits and mix in butter and powdered sugar. Line the base of the cake tin and keep aside.
- Sprinkle gelatine in the 1/2 cup water and let it soak.
- Place into a double boiler, the milk, sugar and the yolks and cook over low heat till well mixed and slightly thickened.
- Add the soaked gelatine and continue stirring till it reaches a coating consistency.
- Cool till partially set. Whip cream till thick. Fold the curds and strawberry into the milk mixture, then the whipped cream.
- Transfer mixture to cake tin, level it smooth and leave to set in refrigerator 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish and serve chilled.
Topics:Recipe Strawberry Cheesecake