Projects, Architectural, Building and Civil Engineer will be responsible for Directs, coordinates and supervises various activities relating to civil and building fabrics maintenance includes preparing feasibility studies and cost estimates for alteration, upgrades, modification of existing facilities and systems. He/She will be responsible for managing resources appropriately to ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out at the planned frequencies and standards in line with the required standards. The Projects & Civil Engineer will also supervise and provide professional services to ensure that all variation works are delivered to the required standard in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of customers.
• Supervise, lead and execute planned and reactive/corrective civil maintenance tasks in accordance with schedules and KPIs.
• Carry out regular and planned comprehensive Building Fabric Inspections and surveys of all the campus buildings.
• Supervise and direct all contractors and sub contractor’s staff engaged in both projects and maintenance delivery.
• Lead on technical support and advice in Architectural, Building and Civil Engineering maintenance and projects.
• Assist with the management of the FF&E Asset Management.
• Analyse defects and faults reported related to civil discipline and provide appropriate cost effective technical solutions.
• Liaise with stores to arrange and make sure the availability of all the required spare parts at all time.
• Supervise the space planning requirements with the University.
• Produce maintenance related Risk Assessments and Method Statements in support to the maintenance department activities.
• Review project documents as required (drawings, material and technical submittals) ensuring they comply with the original design intent.
• Assist with training and mentoring in safe working practices.
• Participate in the duty coverage ‘’ Out of core working hours ‘’ during emergency cases and any site requirements.
• Attend the projects progress meetings and represent Estates department with the customer.
• Lead on projects estimation and produce the projects supported documents.
• Manage and control the sub-contractors on the Campus for the project works awarded
• Manage the ‘Permit to Work’ systems.
• Ability to control and manage different contractors and conduct the initial inspection for cost estimation.
• Supervise, monitoring and controlling the ongoing variation works and any other project support needed.
• Production of the Periodic Progress Reports as required by the line manager.
• Ensure that all the works which done by contractors are comply with legal HSE guidelines and according to the issued work permit and risk assessments.
• To comply with the organization’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
• To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents to Departmental Supervisors/Managers.
• To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections when required and, as necessary.
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others.
• To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimizing generation of waste.
The Projects & Civil Engineer will have extensive subject knowledge of the project management, Building and architectural components and maintenance technique, estimation and planning, building facilities and good background in all aspects of operational Health & Safety practices. He should have excellent English language and communication skills.
• Educated to Bachelor degree level in Civil engineering.
• 8 years’ management experience preferably within the construction or building services industry
• At least 6 years’ experience managing the delivery of complex high value maintenance contracts
• Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis.
• Familiar with design & engineering standards.
• Ability to manage sub-contractors.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Customer focused.
• A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications.
• Understanding of project and maintenance management.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) training and certificate.
• Understanding of facilities management.
• Computer literate.
• Fluent in English language (written and oral).
• Spoken Arabic would be an advantage.
• Customer care.
• Health and Safety.
• Quality Procedures.
• Site familiarization
About the Company:
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.