The position is responsible for retail and project development in the Middle East and Africa by implementing appropriate strategies to mediate sales, profit and distribution goals for the Principal as per company’s vision and guidelines.
Our client is one of the world’s leading contemporary and innovative lighting brands.
* Maintain and grow relationship with existing retail accounts.
* Play a proactive role in business development for retail distribution (priority) and project business development.
* Submit payment and condition requests as well as bonus and discounts requests from customers to the Regional Director for consideration, final negotiation and decision.
* Responsibility for all costs directly related to this territory.
* Create, develop and manage business relationships with prospective and/or assigned Key Retail Accounts and develop long-term partnerships (train, promote and facilitate sales, trend & application know-how and branding).
* Planning and budgeting on accounts and territory level (forecast & budget).
* Executing periodic business reviews as agreed with Regional Director with existing retail accounts.
* Develop mid- and long-term strategies for most important accounts and the defined territory.
* Brand implementation: define relevant branding package, presentations & explanation, fill in submission form and ensure availability of all relevant information to all relevant interfaces.
* Participate in fairs and events. Active role during briefings and debriefings.
* Gather and communicate business relevant information (e.g. competitors’ activities, success stories).
* On a regular basis exchange information and comment market developments to all relevant interfaces.
* Support the development of local/regional/central marketing initiatives.
* Implementation of marketing initiatives in this territory.
* Evaluate potential accounts in coordination with the Customer Service Centre and soliciting agents.
* Ensure that retail accounts’ and project data are maintained and up-to-date in the relevant systems according to the actual status.
* Proactive dialogue with Customer Service Centre to ensure a coherent customer approach
* Play an active role in coordination for business spanning across international borders.
Competitive package and benefits
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
* At least 7 years sales and business development experience with emphasis on new retail account opening, preferably in the furniture or luxury sector in MEA
* Fluent English. Arabic language will be an advantage
* Relevant sales, commercial and marketing training, strategic thinking, management skills, ability to travel 65 %
About the Company:
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.