A multinational engineering company are opening a new world class facility in the UAE, they are looking for a new Facilities Manager to join their team. The role is offered initially on a 12 month contract, with strong probability of renewal.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the UAE Facilities Manager, your role will be to work closely with the UAE Operations Manager to ensure the completion and full delivery of the flagship location within the United Arab Emirates.
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
• Ensure compliance with and education of HSSE processes/policies within facility.
• Create and deliver safe and attractive place to work ensuring smooth day to day operation of facility.
• Lead, coordinate and plan essential central activities such as reception, security, maintenance and pest control, courier, archiving, cleaning, catering etc.
• Plan best allocation and utilization of space and resources for the facility (including potential re-organizing of current premises).
• Manage the relationship with all relevant external parties (Landlord, municipality, contractors, service providers, etc)
• Ensure completion and management of all outstanding facility related projects
• Determine and schedule repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections
• Facility contract management and negotiation with suppliers
• Management of administration team and maintenance staff. Oversee contractors operating on the facility
• Facility cost management. Responsible for the facility budget
• Deliver a customer/employee grand opening event once facility is fully operational
• Liaise with and be the key contact person for all departments working within the facility.
• Minimum of seven years management experience having previously set up/managed a large facility/office.
• Previous experience within the UAE would be a plus
• Successful track record in people and contractor management
About the Company:
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.