Our Quantity Surveying team at RLB KSA proactively manage the cost of a building project, from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes even the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Defence, Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on financial and legal matters that arise
during the project.
We are currently recruiting a western educated Senior Quantity Surveyor (Pre and Post Commercial Civils) to join a client focused team within the Riyadh office in Saudi Arabia. You will take an active role in leading and developing the commercial department and be accountable for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services to all operational functions, exceeding the expectation of our client.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high caliber individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team in KSA.
– The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
– To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
– To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
– Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
– Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
– Providing advice on procurement strategy
– Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
– Preparing and issuing tender documents
– Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
– Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
– Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
– Preparation of contract documents
– Compliant tenders
– Contract administration of projects from contractor appointment to final account
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
– Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying (western educated)
– Strong technical delivery experience; especially with Defence/MOD clients
– Experience of working in the Middle East is a must (Saudi preferred)
– MRICS membership
– Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
– Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
– Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
– Able to build long-term relationships
– Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
– A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
– A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
Please note that due to visa restrictions, United Kingdom/Irish nationals will be considered.
About the Company:
RLB’s 30-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 3,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.