New Delhi: Ganesh Damodar (Babarao) Savarkar, one of the founders of RSS, had written a book named Christ Parichay which claims that Jesus Christ was born a Tamil Hindu. The book was written in 1946. The book says that Jesus was a Vishwakarma Brahmin by birth.
According to the news reported in India Today, Swatantryaveer Savarkar Rashtriya Smarak (Savarkar National Memorial), a right wing organisation will be releasing this book again in Marathi on February 26.
The author has made some of the reckless claims in this book. According to the author,
Here are some of the audacious claims made by the author in his book:
1. In the book, Ganesh Damodar says that Christianity is a sect of Hinduism.
2. He goes on to say that the Arab and Palestinian territories were a Hindu land.
3. The author also says that Christ travelled to India and learnt Yoga. According to the Brahmin tradition, the sacred thread ceremony of Jesus Christ was held when he was 12.
4. The author also claims that the real name of Christ was Keshao Krishna, and he had a dark complexion and his mother tongue was Tamil.
5. Further, Ganesh Damodar goes on to say that Christianity was a Hindu cult and it was never a separate religion.
6. The book also says that, after crucifixion, Christ was saved by people from Essene’s cult, who practiced Yoga and spiritual science.
7. For his recovery, Christ was given medicinal herbs and plants, and he was also taken to Kashmir where he prayed to Lord Shiva. Christ also spent his last days of life in Himalayas.
8. The author also goes on to say that Christ’s family dressed in an ‘Indian’ way and had Hindu signs on their bodies.