Crime and Accident

Teenage boy electrocuted during Muharram procession

Teenage boy electrocuted during Muharram procession

Pratapgarh: A 15-year-old boy was today electrocuted and four others injured when a ‘tazia’ touched high-tension wire in Kusaldeh village in Manikpur area here, police said.

The incident occurred when a tazia taken out in a procession on the occasion of Muharram touched the wire, electrocuting one Mursleen and injuring four others, they said.

The injured have been admitted to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.

—PTI