Toddler dies after choking on pea in Nashik

Toddler dies after choking on pea in Nashik
CC0

Nashik: A one-year-old child today died after choking on a dried pea, police said. A police official said that Sujay Jayesh Bijutkar died after the pea got trapped in his food pipe (oesophagus), adding that the incident happened in the city’s Hanuman Nagar area today morning. He informed that the child was rushed to a private hospital where doctors treated him and he was taken home.

However a little later, officials said, the family observed that he had gone still and he was then taken to Nashik civil hospital. Hospital authorities declared him dead on arrival, said an official, adding that a case of accidental death had been registered with Ambad police.

PTI