Tragic incident in Telangana: Mother, son got electrocuted after ablution for ‘Fajr’ prayer

Tragic incident in Telangana: Mother, son got electrocuted after ablution for ‘Fajr’ prayer
Click for full image

Hyderabad: In a tragic incident, mother and son got electrocuted and died. This incident took place at Secunderwadi in Kohir Mandal, Telangana.

According to the report of the sub-Inspector of Police, Mr. Ramulu, Zaibunnisa (55) after finishing her ablution (Wazu), she tried to pick up the towel which was hanging on a wire in her courtyard. Unfortunately, the wire had come in contact with electric current.

Due to rainfall, the electric wire had got disconnected and fell on the roof which was of tin sheets. The current passed through the tin sheets to the wire on which the wet towel was hanging.

Mohammed Shakir Ali (27) in an attempt to save his mother also got electrocuted and died on the spot.

It may be mentioned that Shakir Ali had got married 7 months back. When the dead bodies of mother and son were taken to the Zaheerabad Govt. Hospital, at that time, Irrigation Minister, Mr. T. Harish Rao was inaugurating Dialysis Center at the same hospital. He saw the dead bodies and extended financial help of Rs. 30, 000 and instructed the officials of Electricity Dept. to pay an ex-gratia of Rs. 4 lakh per head to the family of the victims.

Mr. Mohammed Fareeduddin, MLC, Mr. Abdul Waheed, TRS Member of Koheer, Mr. Mohammed Shaukat Ali and Mr. Mohammed Aslam Zaid, former chairman were present.

—Siasat News