Two shops gutted in Hyderguda apartment fire

Two shops gutted in Hyderguda apartment fire
Click for full image

Hyderabad: Fire broke out in a flat in an apartment building at Hyderguda in the early hours of Wednesday. The fire, which started on the ground floor spread to the first floor of the building making the residents running helter skelter to save their lives.

On receipt of the information, four Fire Services tenders rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire. It is learnt that short-circuit in the ground floor caused the inferno and two fertilizers shops were totally destroyed. However, no casualties were reported.

When the fire erupted in the Pioneer Chambers opposite Apollo Hospital, some 30 inmates from the third, fourth and fifth floors were first sent to the terrace as Fire Services personnel fought the fire. As the internal staircase was filled with smoke hampering rescue operations, the firefighters used a Bronto Skylift and brought down the inmates one by one. (NSS)