UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship 2018 is a merit-based scholarship for Indian students, who are planning to take admission in undergraduates and post-graduate courses in UCC Ireland for September 2018 batch.
The college is offering the scholarship as a discount to their college tuition fees.
Undergraduate Scholarship is applicable for 4 years (or the duration of course), subject to the student successful completion of each year as per the required standard for progression.
College of Science, Engineering and Food Science (SEFS):
UG level: SEFS 25% scholarship of the annual fee
UG level: Presidential 50% scholarship of the annual fee
PG level: Up to 50% off on tuition fee
College of Business and Law (CBL)
PG level: EUR 3,000 Scholarship (for courses with fee >17k)
College of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Social Sciences (CACSSS)
PG level: Excellence MSc x 12 (covers EU fee)
PG level: Excellence PhD x 11 (covers EU fee)
PG level: Boole International 50%
For Undergraduate Courses:
• Applicant should have a merit of 85% in Maths in class 12th (In case, pursuing class 12th, Pre-board marks would be considered)
• Should have IELTS score in the range of 6 to 7 based on the courses mentioned in Annexure-2
For Postgraduate Courses:
• Applicant should have scored more than 65% in 10th, 12th, Degree (In case pursuing Degree, previous Semester’s Marksheet would be considered)
• Should have 6.5 to 7 IELTS score based on the courses mentioned in Annexure-2
For special QUERCES/PRESIDENTIAL (UG/PG Students)
• Undergraduate applicant should have a merit of 90% in class 10th and 12th
• Postgraduate applicant should have more than 85% in class 10th, 12th and Degree
• Should have 6.5 IELTS score with 6 band in each module or should have TOEFL score of 95
Note: IELTS score is not compulsory for few programmes at the time of application.
For students, there will be 2 steps:
Step 1: Scholarship application and selection: Students need to apply for the scholarship online and based on their merit, they will be shortlisted for short telephonic interview round.
Step 2: Admission application and selection: Finalist students (post interview) need to apply for UCC admission application form to receive conditional admission offer letter.
Note: To implement this scholarship, UCC has partnered with Buddy4Study to handle their 1st step application system.