University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools, and are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential to non-EU international students who have applied for and been offered a place for eligible full-time Postgraduate Taught degrees at the University of Sussex.
Level of study:
Taught full time Masters programmes offered at University of Sussex Schools EXCEPT the following:
• Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
• Development Studies MA
• Early Years in Education MA
• Globalisation, Business and Development MA
• Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
• Power, Participation and Social Change MA
• Poverty and Development MA
• Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
• PGCE courses
• Schools direct teaching courses
• Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible).
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship is 50% off international student tuition fee.
To be eligible for this scholarship you need to be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2017 entry, the University received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards). To be considered, you must demonstrate that you:
• have excellent grades
• have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, you will need to have accepted an offer of a place on an eligible postgraduate course at Sussex.
When you have applied for your course, apply for the scholarship using the application form and submit a personal statement. The deadline is 1 May 2018.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/masters/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/view/841