New Delhi: Exaggerated sleeve styles like bell sleeves are here to stay and are going beyond just western wear, say experts.
Designer Karishma Luharuwalla and Nancy Luharuwalla, who are participating in the forthcoming Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive 2017, list few pointers to keep in mind when trying out the trend:
* Go casual with bell sleeves. A slip dress with a top layered underneath is an easy way to make an outfit more interesting with bell sleeves. For comfort, the best would be a short dress with bell sleeves in layers. Slashes, slits and cut-outs can be layered over wide leg pants and circle skirts or can just be worn as a tunic.
* The slit sleeves are a sassy addition to attire making an understated dress into a statement piece. Slit sleeves gowns, wrap around capes over a dress or slit sleeves top can be a few ways one can pull off the trend effortlessly.
* Cold shoulders add subtle hints of style in daily wear. Be it cold shoulder tops, long kurtas or even dresses, these can be easily worn during the weekdays to office. The best way to wear cold shoulders is to pull you hair back in a bun or pony with bare minimum accessories.
* While opting for the classic flared sleeves one-piece dress, go minimal with your accessories and wear a dark pout to complement your look. The same also applies when teaming a bell sleeves top with shorts or denim. Let your outfit do the most talking.
* Another one of the options to make a style statement is by sporting a vintage-inspired blouse with ruffled sleeves and a choker neckline. Tuck it into a leather skirt or keep it uber cool with some printed palazzo pants and loafers.
* Many a times, in order to make a style statement, we tend to overlook comfort. It, in fact, is most necessary to be comfortable in the clothes that you wear, especially with such trendy sleeves style that we have today at our disposal. Having said this, it may not always be possible to be comfortable in a cold-shoulder top which is fine.
* Jewellery always helps to bring out the best in your outfit but it can also turn into a nightmare if not chosen wisely enough. Be careful while accessorising it. If you are not confident of a particular stone or a piece of accessory, it is better to ditch it completely rather than developing cold feet about it and always being conscious.
* While high-fashion trends may work on some, it can also be a total disaster on others. Whatever the trend be, it is important to have a sense of originality. Find out what works the best on you and flaunt it like a boss.