Hyderabad: Water is a limited resource. It is needed for all living things and must be managed well to ensure we have enough for our needs and to protect our environment. Water is a precious resource. We can’t live without it. If you look at a map of the world you will see that much of our planet is covered in water. Our oceans are not the only source of water. Water is also present under the ground and as vapor in the air. Clouds formed by this vapor ensure that water falls back down to Earth as rain, sleet, snow or hail.
The GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation) and HMWSSB (Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board) request everyone to save water and follow these 10 ways to save water. Therefore GHMC Zonal Commissioner Hari Chandana Dasari posted a video on her Tweeter handle how to save water what are the ways to follow she says, “Small initiatives by all of us can lead to major impact for the city and Earth, which will help us to maintain the sustainability in our environment. Go Green and this can happen if all can join hands with each other, everyone should start from their houses and gardens.
Everyone should follow these 10 ways to save water
1. Check faucets and pipes for leaks
2. Don’t use your toilets as an ashtray or wastebasket
3. Take shorter showers
4. Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge
5. Don’t let the tap run while you clean vegetables
6. Use water meter to check hidden leaks
7. Collect the water you use for rinsing produce and reuse it to water houseplants
8. When doing laundry, match the water level to the size of the load
9. Avoid recreational water toys that require a constant flow of water
10. Invest in water saving goods