Mirzapur: A 30-year-old woman and her two children were charred to death after their house caught fire which is thought to be caused by a short circuit in Kolhan village, the police said today.
“As soon as the short circuit took place, fire engulfed the entire room. Since, the blaze was intense near the door, Sheela and her three-year-old daughter and three-month child were unable to move out of the room,” Inspector of Dehat Kotwali S K Rai said.
Family members and villagers reached the spot upon hearing their cries, but found it difficult to enter the room. They however managed to bring them out, but by then they had died, the police said.
All the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said.