Hyderabad: In view of upcoming Ganesh festival, Rachakonda Commissioner Mahesh Bhagwat on Tuesday held a coordination meeting with Ganesh Utsav Committee members, police and other department officials.
This year Ganesh Festival will commence from 02-09-2019 with the installation of Idols and conclude on 12-09-2019 with the final immersion procession.
In order to make the Ganesh festival event in a peaceful and successful manner Rachakonda Police commissioner Mahesh Bhagwat has given some guidelines to the organizers of the Ganesh pandals, police and other concerned departments.
Guidelines for Ganesh Pandals
- Organisers need to apply online through the Rachakonda police website www.rachakondapolice.gov.in for police consent.
- Organisers have to take NOC from the owner of the premises where the idol is to be installed and the same has to be placed in such a way that it does not create an obstruction to traffic or any other issues.
- Guidelines have also been issued regarding safe electricity wiring to avoid short-circuits and arrangement of parking places at a particular distance from pandals to avert traffic congestions. No unauthorised electricity connections would be allowed for pandals, as they are unsafe and dangerous to pandals and human life.
- Usage of fireworks is strictly prohibited
- Organisers should take permissions from the local PS for arranging loudspeakers.
- Box type sound systems should be used instead of DJ speakers and sound systems should not be used during the night between 10 pm and 6 am.
- Organisers should arrange at least 3 volunteers at pandals at night time.
- Those installing idols in the cellars of building complexes and those taking them out for processions would have to apply for clearance.
- Expert swimmers would be stationed at every lake immersion.
- The commissioner categorically stated that in the name of the festival, forcible collection of funds ‘Chanda/ Haftha’ would not be allowed.
The police officials requested to all the locality elders, organizers, social workers, Peace Committee and local leaders to co-operate with the Police to help in maintaining public order and peace in the Rachakonda Police commissionerate during the festivities.
Arrangements on Final Immersion
The final immersion takes place on 12.09.2019. There are 18 tanks where immersion of Idols takes place- GHMC limits-04 and other then GHMC limits 14 in the limits of Rachakonda Police commissionrate.
- 23 static cranes of GHMC and 19 mobile cranes and Non-GHMC Static cranes 18 and 15 mobile cranes will be deployed.
- District Medical & Health Officers, R.R. Dist, Malkajigiri Dist and Yadadri Bhoongiri Dist will organise for ambulance services, medical camps at immersion places.
- The tourism department will organise rescue boats, swimmers at immersion places.
- Director of Tourism, Telangana State, Hyderabad to provide 4 Rescue Boats and 60 swimmers at the immersion places.
- Regional Fire Officer, Hyderabad to provide Fire Fighting Equipment i.e. Portable fire brigades -16 and Fire Engine-4.
- HMWSSB to provide water sachets at the places of Ganesh Idols immersion.