Hyderabad: Commuters to avoid traffic snarls in the city, in order to facilitate proper regulation of traffic in connection with the Republic Day celebrations at Public Gardens, Nampally on 26 January 2020 from 09.00 AM to 12.00 PM, the following traffic diversions and parking arrangements will be enforced by the Hyderabad City Police.
Diversion Points in the City
1. Taj Island: The General Traffic coming from MJ Market & proceeding towards Mehdipatnam will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Taj Island towards Ek Minar – Bhazarghar – Asif Nagar/ Red hills- Ayodya Hotel, Lakdikapul etc.
2. Chapel Road T Junction: The General Traffic coming from Nampally Railway Station towards Public Garden will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Chapel Road T Jn towards Gunfoundry – Abids or BJR Statue – Bhasheerbagh Fly over etc.
3. Old PS Saifabad: The General Traffic coming from Nirankari Bhavan & Khairtabad towards Ravindra Bharathi will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Old PS Saifabad towards Telephone Bhavan – Iqbal Minar – Secretariat Road– Telugu Talli – Ambedkar Statue – Liberty – Bhasheerbagh – Abids etc.
4. Basheerbagh Jn: The General Traffic coming from Hyderguda, King Koti and BJR Statue towards PCR, Public Garden will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Bhasheerbagh Junction towards Liberty – Telugutalli – NTR Marg – Iqbal Minar – Old PS Saifabad – Lakdikapul Bridge & BJR Statue -Abids etc.
5. Iqbal Minar. The General Traffic coming from Tankbund towards Ravindra Bharathi will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Iqbal Minar towards Telephone Bhavan road – Old PS Saifabad – Lakdikapul Bridge etc.
6. AR Petrol Pump. The General Traffic coming from Nampally Railway Station side towards Public Garden will not be allowed and it will be diverted at AR Petrol Pump towards BJR Statue/Gunfoundry etc.
7. Adarsh Nagar (New MLA Quarters). The General Traffic coming from Telugu Talli, NTR Marg & Liberty sides towards Police Control Room Junction (PCR) via Adarshnagar will not be allowed and it will be diverted at Adarsh Nagar (New MLA Quarters) towards Liberty road and Telugu Talli Flyover.
However, the car pass holders attending the Republic day celebrations will be allowed at the diversion points.
The General public is requested to take the above alternate routes and co-operate with the traffic police.
ROAD CLOSURE – SECUNDERABAD MILITARY STATION
The alert level has been enhanced across the country in view of security situation prevailing with the Republic Day celebrations. Military establishments are in the target list of anti-national elements. Keeping in view the enhanced security alert, road closure for Bolarum in the military establishment will be effective from 10 PM of 24 to 6 PM of 27 January 2020.
Trimulgherry military establishment will also have road closure during the night from 10 PM to 6 AM for Gough road, Wellington road, AOC road and Entrenchment road.
However, Ambulances or emergency medical cases will be permitted with proper check and verification. The citizens are requested to cooperate with military authorities for maintenance for the high-security alert.