BHOPLA: A 16-year-old boy died of cardiac arrest after playing PUBG game on his mobile for six hours in a stretch in Neemuch town of Madhya Pradesh.
The deceased was identified as Furkhan Qureshi, a student of standard 12.
According to the family, Furkhan started playing a video game after lunch. Before collapsing on the floor, he became agitated and started shouting on other players.
The incident took place on May 26 at around 7 pm.
Furkan’s sister Fiza Qureshi was sitting beside him when the incident occurred. “My brother was playing PUBG with some of his friends. Suddenly, he started shouting ‘carry out the blast..carry out blast’. Then he threw his earphones and mobile and cried saying ‘Ayan I will not play with you’. I lost the game because of you.”
Soon after the incident, Furkhan was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
“The boy was brought to the hospital without a pulse. We tried to revive him, but failed in our attempt,” Cardiologist Dr Ashok Jain, who examined Furkhan told ANI.
Dr Jain said as Furkan’s family told us he was a swimmer, his heart seemed to be healthy. “The excitement of the game might have caused a surge in adrenaline causing cardiac arrest. I appeal children to stay away from such games as excitement could cause cardiac arrest,” he said.
Furkhan’s brother Mohammad Hashim also said that he was addicted to PUBG and used to play the game for 18 hours. “I also used to play the same game but after the death of my brother I have deleted it from my mobile phone,” he said.
A case has been registered by the police and further investigation is underway.
In January 2019, circulars for banning the PUBG game over his addictive effects had been issued by the state primary education department in Gujarat.
In March 2019, a 20-year-old Telangana youth died while playing the game.
Following an argument with family over buying new cell-phone to play the PUBG, an 18-year-old Mumbai teenager allegedly hanged self to death.
In March 2019, a youngster in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara district drank acid mistaking it for water, while being engrossed in the PUBG game.