- 1 cup potatoes-peeled and chopped fine
- 2 cups basmati (long grain rice)-washed and soaked for an hour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp powdered garam masala
- 2 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- In a heavy based pan, heat the ghee and add the cumin and the ginger.
- When the ginger becomes a little brown, add the peas and potatoes, drained rice, coriander, garam masala, salt and turmeric, and stir-fry till well mixed.
- Add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil uncovered, then lower the heat and cover.
- The rice should be done in 10 minutes. Serve hot.