- 1 kg mangoes
- 2 cup Water
- 1 kg sugar
- Citric acid 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Add together sugar, lemon juice and mango juice in a pan.
- Cover the pan and place it under the sun for a few days.
- Ensure giving it a stir at least 3-4 times a day.
- When dissolved, store in clean bottles.
- Add 4 cups sugar and 2 cups water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Make sure that the contents are dissolved completely.
- Cook over high heat or till one-thread consistency is reached.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the lemon and mango juice.
- Store in sterilized air tight bottles.