Hyderabad: As many as 67 girl students from Kasturba Gandhi residential school in Chevella mandal of Ranga Reddy District suddenly fell ill due to food poisoning on Sunday morning. The students began to vomit continuously and complained of stomach pain. The teachers and other staff at the school immediately rushed the students to a local government hospital. However, the condition of 20 girls worsened and prompted the authorities to take them to Niloufer Hospital in Hyderabad.
The investigation by Chevella CI Guravaiah Goud revealed that the students had fruit salad at the hostel. He said that they were suspecting that the consumption of the fruit salad was the reason behind the incident. The students are recovering now.