Hyderabad: The Telangana State Director of medical education (DME) has instructed the head of government-run hospitals to fire the doctors who are on unauthorized absence amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
It was brought to the notice of DME that many doctors are currently on unauthorized absence in various medical institutions. Doctors whose services have not been regularized are liable for termination according to clause 10 (e) of the Telangana state and subordinate service rules 1996.
Some of the doctors whose who are terminated with immediate effect are :
- Dr. S. Ravi kanth – A/P of surgery, OMC , Hyderabad
- Dr. T. Reuka Rani – A/P Pead surg, OMC, Hyderabad
- Dr. Heena Naaz – Tutor, GMC MBNR
- Dr. G.Vidya – Tutor, GMC, Nizamabad
- Dr. GM Irfan – A/P Pead surg, Niloufer H
The order from the DME comes at a time whe state-run medical hospitals like the Osmania General Hospital are facing acute shortage of not just man power, but also of resources. In total, a list of 27 doctors were mentioned as absent from duty.