Three of a family electrocuted in Bengal

Kolkata: Three members of a family, including a married couple and one of their twin daughters, were electrocuted after accidentally touching a high-voltage cable in West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district on Thursday, police said.

The incident took place in North 24 Parganas district’s Swarupnagar.

“Vijay Chatterjee, his wife Atashi Chatterjee and one of their daughters Tanushree (8) died from electrocution on Thursday morning after touching a high-voltage cable outside their house. They were declared dead in the hospital,” an officer from Swarupnagar police station said.

MS Education Academy

“Their other daughter, Banashree, also suffered a minor injury in the accident, but was saved by a neighbour, who managed to drag her aside,” he said.

According to witnesses, the father first suffered a severe electric shock after touching the cable. The mother and the twin daughters also suffered the same fate while trying to pull him away.

The local administration expressed grief over the incident and said they would provide all necessary support to the young girl, who is currently the only surviving member of the family.

“We will ensure she gets all the compensation offered by the state. We will also ensure her education continues under government supervision,” said a senior district official.


Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News
Back to top button